ENTRY 1 - Jan 1, 1989 - New Journal...so motivated....pledge to be better.... the world's best journal writer.... detailed description of my day...
ENTRY 2 - Jan 3, 1989 - Rats!, was so committed and missed a day, but.....I'll be better.... less detailed description of my day...but still a success...
ENTRY 3 - Jan 4, 1989 - Yay, me! Two days in a row....feel so happy....what a great day...
ENTRY 4 - Jan 1, 2001 - Shame!!!!!.....look at how long it has been...where do I even start and what events are gone forever because I didn't capture them when they happened...five hours later and 12 years of events..., I'm almost caught up...
And it starts again.
Yeah - that's me. I totally believe in journal writing and keeping a record, but to my utter shame, like my annual resolution to budget, journaling too, lasts but a few days.
So, what follows is Entry 4; and it took me a ridiculous amount of time.
The theme for the decade of 40s is JOY. And, while there certainly have been struggles this year, I have also had a lot of fun:
Parties
Valentines/Bugsy Malone party with the kids
Hat/Tea Party with the girlies
(We missed you girls who weren't with us... next year!)
Pig party for the April 1st Celebration - with Pigs in a Blanket, pig toys and books, and licorice ice cream. We're thankful for pig valves in our family.
The Australians
Trips
Mesa to see Henry and Paul and Kami and baby girl niece :) - where we ate at fun places, shopped, fed ducks and played at the park, went to Spring Training, and got me addicted to Lost.



St. Louis to see Tiana, Bror, Inj & Melanie, where we went to a Cardinals game - complete with an airport-devastating tornado, saw Abraham Lincoln's home, toured the Anheuser Busch facility, celebrated Easter (in style thanks to a very thoughtful Chris - my brother's father-in-law, who bought me and Mellie hats to keep up my Dad's tradition); and I also caught a three-month cold/cough. 


Hawaii for a "Its ok that you're 40 now" relaxing vacation.

I did some "radical" things with my appearance
PINK extensions (the purple from the chocolate party turned hot pink....and had to come out).















4 comments:
This is the best post ever! I love all the pictures. Henry keeps pointing to you saying "debabade" or some other silly noise trying to get your name out. He'll get it one day...
Yay, an update!!! And yes, I'm also guilty of the journal thing. Maybe you've had a hard time keeping up because of all the trips??? Completely legit excuse if you ask me, LOVE it. And loved seeing what you've been up to. Do you realize I haven't seen your hair yet??! It looks SO cute!!! I need to see it.
No nerf guns, Will Turner, elevator rides, etc.?
Wow, that was a HUGE Post...! Awesome, but out of all of was one line that stuck and has prompted me to think a lot....
"The theme for the decade of 40s is JOY"
That is so loaded I love it! Not sure if I have ever shared this but will now as a result of your theme...
http://leb.net/~mira/works/prophet/prophet8.html
My life changed after I read this late one night at my best friends house in Atlanta. I couldn't sleep, looked in his book case and found the "Prophet". Read it cover to cover and this particular passage affected me considerably. I have a feeling you will appreciate Joy more now than ever before.....
Cheers,
ab
Post a Comment