my brilliant thoughts on shopping, dating, movies, books, travel & other such things

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How To Lose a Guy in Ten Days

Have you seen this movie? The basic premise is that there are some key things women do that cause men to run the other way; and, if a woman does these things, the break-up is inevitable.

I seem to have figured these things out quite nicely all on my own; but, I’ve been doing some research to see if there are remedies, or alternative approaches I can adopt, so as to obtain the opposite effect from the one I’ve been getting.

I found a website where a guy, who is evidently very experienced in what women should not do, tries to help fix girls like me. I signed up to get e-mails 3-4 times a week explaining all the scenarios where women go wrong and detailing how we should think/act/feel, etc., instead of how we normally (and erroneously) think/act/feel.

The e-mails are so long that I scan them and file them for some future time when I have a huge chunk of free time to “study” them in more detail. At this point, it would take months to get through them all – and they keep coming. I’ve begun to think it’s a fluke when it actually works because there are so many things that could and do go wrong.

Whatever happened to boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl (and vice versa) and they live happily ever after?? Dating used to be simpler, didn’t it?

So – what are some key things you did right?

3 comments:

Sher said...

Threw away any advice a man gave about how a woman should think/act/feel and saved my analyses for the ladies.

Anonymous said...

I think dating did used to be simpler. In fact, dating was even invented until the early twenties. If remember my history correct, I believe it was a conspiracy between Coca Cola and Warner Brothers that started it all.

At any rate, I defiantly wouldn’t take dating advice from a guy who spends every waking moment in front of a computer writing emails (some ladies man). Of course, maybe it’s just a computer program that randomly generates advice. Either way, I might think twice.

EdgarC said...

I've heard of a similare website, called Wifeadvice.com. The author of the posts is crazy. He shares the most absurd personal stories and tries to teach guys how to manage their wives. What a weirdo.