Are you one of those people who has a specific dish they order at each of their favorite restaurants? Well, I am. At Cancun Café, I get the Chicken Chimichanga. At Blue Plate, I get the SMA (Spinach, Mushroom, Avocado) Omelet with Swiss Cheese . At Ruth’s, I get the Bleu Bacon Burger, cooked well and then a little bit more well. At Café Rio, I get the chicken salad with extra cilantro. At Mimi’s, the Quiche Lorraine with a salad and bran muffin . . .well, you get the idea.
I try new menu items once in a while, but I am not a person who deals well with disappointment, so when I find something I love, I just keep getting it. However, a recent experience has caused me to re-think my approach to food happiness.
On Saturday, my mom chose a restaurant for a specific menu item that she loves there: Ruby Tuesday for their Chicken Pot Pie. You must know – she was pretty excited to eat her pot pie; so, you’ll not be surprised to hear that when the waitress came back out and told her they don’t make the pot pies anymore, she was not happy. In fact, it was not easy for her to select a new entrée, and I’m pretty sure the chicken-something-or-other she ended up with was rather sub-par, given the anticipated Chicken Pot Pie nirvana that was not realized.
I have, for some time now, thought having a Plan B in mind for work projects or dates or shopping is a wise course for those of us who don’t deal well with disappointment. I think I now need to engage in a quest to develop Plan B’s at all my favorite restaurants. Anyone free for dinner tonight?
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love food!!! I don't know how I feel about having to branch out though...
I used to be a country fried steak kid growing up. I'm glad that I finally broke away.
What about a grilled cheese for the little girl in ANAHEIM!
Ok, "Anonymous" we all KNOW it was THREE BEARS in West Yellowstone!!! :)
Post a Comment