I believe they represent the two sides of my nature –
I can be the nicest person you’ve ever met when I am with my nieces and nephews, who I adore and who are the joy of life (the white ring); or, I can be the biggest pill this side of the Mississippi when…. well, pretty much all the rest of the time (the black ring).
On Friday night, I love to get all dressed up with curly hair and heels and go to the symphony (the white ring), and on Saturday night, I like to throw on jeans and a leather jacket and go hear my favorite rock band (the black ring).
I believe in obeying, honoring and sustaining the law (the white ring), but I feel compelled to speed every time I drive, even when I am not in a hurry (the black ring).
This could go on all day…there are a plethora of examples of these two sides, but the point today is a confession: I have turned to the “Dark Side.”
I’ve been an anti-cola person for years – promoting the merits of drinking water and avoiding carbonation (the white ring). Until a couple weeks ago when I met with a few bumps in the road and was reminded how much I love diet Dr. Pepper and diet Coke (the black ring). I’ve been enjoying the dark stuff ever since.
I wonder if Han Solo or Luke will come to my rescue....

5 comments:
Great to see you today... And by the way, for your transformation to be complete, you must leave the diet and drink the hard stuff... come and be one of us!
You should watch the musical Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It is right up your alley. :) Plus, the music is incredible.
Hmm, could our Diet Dr. Pepper be partially to blame? The dark side can taste pretty good! Now all you need is chocolate to be fully converted :)
Well, the DDP at your house was the first one I'd had in about 15 years, but I'm pretty sure not even a Sith lord could turn me completely...the chocolate will have to wait another 14 months. :)
Hey ! We miss you so much! How are you doing? We love your sweet comments. Thanks for thinking of us. Your posts are very cleaver and thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment