my brilliant thoughts on shopping, dating, movies, books, travel & other such things

Saturday, January 9, 2010

You know where liars go, don't you?

I’m generally very opposed to dishonesty. I am a fairly frank person and I love it when people are direct and honest with me. I HATE feeling like someone is gaming me or being less than what I would call clear in their communication. There’s not much that bothers me more.

However, if you’re going to lie – do a good job of it, for Pete’s sake. Case in point: yesterday at the beginning of a work meeting, we were all talking about our ages – each one stating an age that was, how shall we say it, ummm…. inaccurate. The others in the room picked ages just a few years younger than their actual ages.

What a waste.

Again – if you’re going to lie, you may as well do it up right.

With that in mind, here are some photos from my 27th birthday party last week:

Such a nice birthday!! Thanks family for all you did to make it special!

(And, in case you were wondering where liars go... the answer is - to birthday parties. But, even if you are a truth-teller, and I hope you all are, please mark your calendars for my next 27th birthday party: 7:00 p.m., December 31, 2010. You won't want to miss this one!!)

4 comments:

Paul, Kami and Henry said...

Do I stink? Melanie didn't get close to me in the sister-in-law pic!

Thanks for turning 27 again. I always look forward to your white cake but only because that means we're one year closer to the chocolate one!

Joe and Tami said...

Hope your next 27th Birthday was as good as last years 27th Birthday! :)

Raymon said...

I'm almost as old as you now! :) Happy 27th!

Sher said...

Oh we'll be getting babysitters for that one!! Um...was Kurt part of the lying?