Okay, I confess. I succumbed to the months and months of “peer pressure” and read the vampire books. All four. In seven days. Couldn’t put the stupid things down.
I enjoyed the escape to a world where I almost believed that a leading man like Edward Cullen could exist. I haven’t seen the previews for the movie yet, so his appearance is still purely a product of my imagination – unsullied by the "imagination" of a movie producer. MY fairy tale idea of Edward is a glorified (bronze-haired, butterscotch/onyx-eyed, & pale skinned) version of a handful of handsome movie stars - a combination of my five favorites for this week:
(Selected for looks and acting ability only – nothing to do with their real lives or personalities because today we’re on a vacation in Fantasy Land. In other words, don’t judge me if you don’t think too highly of these gentlemen in real life.)
#1 – Brad Pitt
#2 – Johnny Depp
#3 – Denzel Washington
#4 – Russell Crow
#5 – Orlando Bloom
Probably in that order (depending on if we’re talking about looks or acting ability). The author of the Twilight series, Stephenie Meyer, paints Edward as the most handsome of men. An intriguing prospect for a single girl like me.
The thing is, though, the best part of the way Meyer wrote the fictional character, Edward, was in fact his character – dedication, integrity, selflessness, determination, power and ability to protect others . . . but best of all – his amazing ability to love. Great qualities in a leading man – or any man for that matter.
Have a Fun Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I read Twilight in a day...haven't found the time to get to #2 yet (New Moon?). If I could just stop blogging long enough...
Enjoy the weekend!!!
Yeah, you should definitely never ever watch the trailer! You will be sorely disappointed. But if you feel the need to peek, here is the link.
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810010670/info
Post a Comment